Examination of welfare during the last years of the Poor Law, bringing out the impact of poverty on particular sections of society - the lone mother and the elderly. Carefully researched and generally well written. The book is important and further aids our understanding of the intricate workings of the poor law at a micro level.
It is difficult to imagine a focused microhistory for these crisis decades of the old poor law that will match its thoroughness and enormous array of findings. For this alone, the book has to be essential reading for all poor law specialists and welfare historians.
History of childhood
Mayers Royal Historical Society. Warmington Royal Historical Society. Lee Royal Historical Society. Salzmann Royal Historical Society. Weiler Royal Historical Society. Cassell Royal Historical Society. Protesting about Pauperism Elizabeth T. Hurren Royal Historical Society.
Canadian Store (CAD)
Beer Royal Historical Society. Craig Royal Historical Society. Grayson Perry. Serhii Plokhy. Mary Beard. Reni Eddo-Lodge. Seashaken Houses. Tom Nancollas. Lady in Waiting. Anne Glenconner. Staring at God.
- Journal, tome second : 1862-1865 (Littérature) (French Edition).
- PETZI - Erlebnisse mit einem Stubentiger (German Edition).
- Similar books and articles?
- British social policy, 1601-1948;
Simon Heffer. Jane Austen at Home. Lucy Worsley. The Man in the Red Coat. Julian Barnes. The Golden Thread. Kassia St Clair. Venus and Aphrodite.
The Childhood of the Poor - Welfare in Eighteenth-Century London | A. Levene | Palgrave Macmillan
Bettany Hughes. The National Trust Book of Scones. Sarah Clelland.
The Summer Isles. Philip Marsden. The Secret Lives of Colour. Kassia St. The British in India. David Gilmour.
- A Bakers Dozen.
- How To Make a Haunted House: Your Step-By-Step- Guide To Making a Haunted House.
- Cassocks in the Wilderness - Remembering the Seminary at Springwood (Geraghtys memoirs Book 1).
Stories for Boys Who Dare to be Different. Ben Brooks.
- The childhood of the poor: welfare in eighteenth-century London — Macquarie University;
- To Dare: It is Easier to Succeed than to Fail.
- Background - The Poor Law and Charity: An Overview - London Lives!
- The Childhood of the Poor: Welfare in Eighteenth-Century London.
- Journal of the History of Education Society.
- Orthodox Prayer Book.
Your review has been submitted successfully.